Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Mandy Project: Day 30 Before and Afters!!

I made it through the first 30 days and I never missed one workout!
(Cue the cheering and applauding.)

A run down of my workouts: I did P90X the original version that I bought off ebay. I decided to do the "classic" plan which is 3 days of weight lifting, 2 days of cardio, and 1 day of yoga (which is actually 90 minutes of pure torture). That was for the first 3 weeks. The 4th week was all cardio and yoga. I did substitute a rest day that week for a really tough cardio session, since I was going to be stuffing my face for Thanksgiving.

Let's start off with the numbers:

Starting weight: 114.0 lbs on 10/31/2014
30 Day weigh-in: 111.8 lbs on 11/30/2014

I am SO glad I took my measurements, because where you can't see the results in the pics, you CAN see the results in the measurements!  

10/31/2014 11/30/2014 Difference
Right Bicep 9 3/4" 10" +1/4"
Left Bicep 9 3/4" 10" +1/4"
Right Forearm 9" 9" 0
Left Forearm 9" 9" 0
Bust 34" 34" 0
Chest 32" 31" -1"
Waist 31" 27 1/2" -3 1/2"
Hips 37 1/2" 34 1/2" -3"
Right Thigh 20 1/2" 19 3/4" -3/4"
Left Thigh 20 1/2" 19 3/4" -3/4"
Right Calf 13 1/2" 13" -1/2"
Left Calf 13 1/2" 13" -1/2"

When I took the measurements each time, I did it 3 times to make sure it was accurate. I am totally blown away by the loss in the hips and waist.

Now for the best part... the pics:

Results after 30 days. <sniff> Makes me all misty eyed.
Disregard my hideous face, of course I was talking
while Dan was taking pictures.


This one probably shows off the biggest change.
Flatter stomach and arm muscles.


Tan by L'Oreal Paris Sublime Self-tanning wipes.

Some pics you really can't see the results,
maybe by day 90.
EEK! I still need some major work in this area.
Keeps me motivated.
So this is doing P90X without an eating plan. I did keep it moderately healthy: No mindless snacking, no sweets, a few hard ciders, and an occasional soda if we are out. If you have read my other blogs in November, you know that I did cave to the occasional Teddy Graham or two.

My energy is through the roof, and I can tolerate a whole lot more because of it. My toddler just turned 2 on December 1st and her favorite phrase is "NOOOOOOO MOMMY!!!" which she screams at the top of her lungs - especially in public.

I rewarded my hard efforts with some blond hair, as you can see from the pics. It's all coming along folks!

December has a lot of holiday festivities, so it will be a little harder to stick to a consistent diet. I am going to try to keep it clean in between parties, and in January keep it really strict for the final 30 days.

For the complete Mandy Project click here!

Did you start a project of your own? What is it? Leave your comments and feedback to help inspire other people that are struggling to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment