Thursday, March 26, 2020

Thoughts from Quarantine Day 9

3-26-2020: I decided to journal life during this lockdown.  It may be the only way I stay sane. I am already starting to feel like a sea captain and the crew is getting restless.



It's been 9 days since we began this quarantine and I have only been out one time to grab a few food items from the store... strawberries, milk, beer, and Jameson.  That was 3 days ago.

Today I woke up at 6am to the smell of dog poop and the sound of nails against the wall.  I knew what I was walking into when I opened the bedroom door but had no idea of the grand scale of the poop this morning. Tully, our nearly 16-year-old dog has no ability to hold his bowels and almost every morning it's the same mess. I always hope he hits the puppy pads I have set out but he never does. Today was exceptionally bad because he had pooped all over his bed, knocked down the glade plug-in air freshener, and smashed a massive amount of poop into the wall and baseboard. It took 15 minutes to clean it all up.

Luckily the kids didn't wake up and I go back to bed, only to sit on my phone reading Coronavirus articles and letting my daily dose of fear set in. I think I am enjoying homeschooling because it takes my mind off of everything else. It's a small portion of control in this otherwise uncontrollable situation. Although I admit, I am still being autocorrected when I misspell quarantine so only time will tell if the kids come out of my homeschooling for the better.

I read through a few funny memes... thank God people still have a sense of humor.

I get quietly out of bed. Dan is still sleeping. I accidentally woke him up last night after I dreamed that he fell out of bed and was laying on the floor unconscious. I sat up and said "ARE YOU OKAY?!" and proceeded to lean on top of him and peer onto the floor, expecting to see him lying face down. He woke up and said something that I didn't hear, although I can probably guess, and then I laid back down and fell back into a restless sleep.

I step out of the bedroom to start the day. The house smells terrible. The kids run out of their rooms and I set out breakfast and give them their "morning challenge". This gives me just enough time to answer any emails that came in for work overnight and allow me to sip some coffee.  It's going to be a long day.

If you want a free printable of the morning challenge click here.

MORNING CHALLENGE

EAT BREAKFAST

GET DRESSED

BRUSH HAIR

BRUSH TEETH

MAKE BED

BRING OUT LAUNDRY

BRING OUT WATER BOTTLE

TURN OFF BEDROOM LIGHTS

UNLOAD DISHWASHER

Seriously, thank you for reading and all of your support and funny memes! Humor keeps the spirits up in this stressful time.

Cheers!
~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment